Woodridge Roof Inspection Report Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015: The Installation Code for Metal Roofing and Walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity.
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations In Woodridge Roof Inspection Report
- Incomplete work, missing fasteners to end of ridge cap.
- Minor foot traffic damage to main roof sheets.
- Risk of aerial cable being cut by ridge cap flashing.
- Existing downpipe spreader, noncompliant to SA HB39 refer 5.7.7 as shown. Spreader to discharge all roof water onto roof coverings in the direction of flow. No half end caps have been provided.
- Evidence of ridge cap flashings which has not achieved the 150mm of effective coverage, non-compliant to SA HB39 refer table 8.1.4 as shown.
- Incomplete works, evidence of missing barge cap flashing to the side veranda.
- All roof pitches comply with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Building Code References In Woodridge Roof Inspection Report
Spreaders may be used to drain rainwater from a higher roof surface with a catchment area not exceeding 15 m provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- When discharging onto a tiled roof, the low section is sarked to a minimum width of 1800mm, either side of the point of discharge extending down the eaves gutter.
- When discharging onto a corrugated roof, a minimum width of 1800 mm on either side of the point of discharge is sealed for the full length of the side laps.
- The increased roof water volume from the upper roof is not to enter any seam of the roof coverings of the lower roof.
- No spreader is to discharge roof water onto or over ridge tiles, mortar jointed tiles, flashings, timber fascia or a roof sheet side lap.
- No spreader is to have its discharge entering any part of any building
- Spreaders are to discharge all roof water onto roof coverings in the direction of flow, avoiding discharging onto laps on lower roof sheets and tiles
Overall, the roof is clean and well presented with only minimum points addressed.