Rocklea Roof Inspection Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015: The installation Code for metal Roofing and Walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations Report For Rocklea Roof Inspection
- Ridge caps remain without longitudinal expansion and are non-compliant to SA HB39 refer 8.1.3. Provide longitudinal expansion to the ridge cap flashings.
- Incorrect fasteners remain installed to the fibreglass sheeting. Non-compliant to AS 1562.3 refer 4.2.1.x and Manufacturer’s Instructions. This is typical to the majority of fasteners installed through the ridge vent and into the fiberglass sheeting.
- Tray flashing to the roof transition is non-compliant to SAHB39 refer 8.1. The flashings provided have not been purposely folded for the roof’s transition. The upper flashing can be seen to have a step folded into the profile whereas the lower section has a large tray flashing that has been laid over the transition. This has resulted in several failed fixings and a wrapping of the flashing material.
- Fixings that have been installed at the tray flashing have not been installed to a supporting member due to the roof’s transition. This results in the fixing being removable by hand and will result in ingress issues.
- Existing / failed fixings are now reliant on silicone. This is generally temporary by nature as the silicone is exposed to UV Rays and thermal movement deterioration.
- Roof transition / step in the roof has not been given flashings. The roof sheet has been laid over the transition which has resulted in warping of the sheet and not being able to provide the roof sheet with all the required fasteners. Non-compliant to SA HB39 refer 7.2.
- Roof sheet shown laid over the step in the roof.
- Pipe penetration flashings are non-compliant to SA HB39 refer table 8.1.4. 150mm effective coverage has not been provided to the penetrations.
- Roof penetrations remain without annular clearance, have been fastened to the penetration and have not been provided over flashings. (Pressure seal flashings)
- We note that the fibreglass sheet laps remain non-compliant to Manufacturer’s Instructions. This has been stated on all inspections however the contractors have decided against the rectification.
- Safety wire remains contacting the underside of the Fibreglass sheeting and is non-compliant to Manufacturer’s Instructions. This has been stated on all inspections however the contractors have decided against the rectification.
Rocklea is a suburb in the City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. In the 2016 census, Rocklea had a population of 1,595 people.