Coomera Roof Inspection Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015, the installation code for metal roofing and walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity.
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations Report For Coomera Roof Inspection
- Sisalation is hanging into the gutter and a screw is under the ridge capping.
- All ridge cap penetrations are undersealed and riveted compliantly, however the plastic protective coating remains on the bottom flashing compromising the seal of the silicone.
- Sheets here are not installed square to the roof, this is an aesthetic issue only.
- Screws missing in several areas.
- Several screws with deformed/blown washers across the roof.
A HB 39 Reference:
- Fasteners in valleys or crests shall be tightened to compress flexible seals without deforming the cladding or damaging any washers.
- Where nails are used, any local distortion shall not extend beyond the area covered by the washer and seal.
- Compressed washers should be used to minimise water leakage and provide cladding performance as per design documentation.
- Care is to be exercised to prevent the entrapment of swarf between the seal and the cladding for both crest and valley fasteners.