Bellara Roof Inspection Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015 The Installation Code For Metal Roofing and Walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity.
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations Report For Bellara Roof Inspection
- Awning flashings have no underseal and insufficient fasteners, potential for ingress although external. Non-compliant to SA HB 39 refer 5.8.3.
- Several foot traffic damage dents to the awning roof which are visible from underneath and 1 dent is severe to the main house roof.
- Existing downpipes are non-compliant, these should not cause any issues as the roofs are external although one is close to the ridge connection which is not undersealed.
- Leaf debris build up in the valleys is occurring due to the installation of the leaf guard, potential here for ingress during heavy rains if not cleaned regularly. Also note a leaf guard bracket has come off leaving an exposed hole in the roof at the rear of the house.
- Several screws across main and garage roofs with deformed/split washers, noncompliant to AS1562.1 refer 4.4.2. Potential here for future ingress.
- All ridge cap flashings have no underseal and insufficient fasteners, non-compliant to SA HB 39 refer 5.8.3.
- Both penetrations here are cut directly into the lap of the sheeting with ingress very likely as the anti-capillary has been compromised. Non-compliant to AS 1562.1 refer appendage D. Multiple coax cables penetrating the one dektite here is heavily reliant on silicone and has no longevity, with future ingress likely.
- Fasteners at the top of the roof sheets have dislodged across the top of the pool roof, potential here for the roof to lift during heavy winds events as the roof sheet is only into a 0.55 flashing trim. Foam strip is also meant to be inserted into the C trim and the sheets pushed into it to prevent ingress.
- Rivets installed as fasteners on the sides of the smaller garage barges are noncompliant to AS 1562.1 refer 4.8.3.
For more information about our roof inspection service or to book please visit our contact page to find out how to get in touch with us.