Park Avenue Roof Inspection Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015, the installation code for metal roofing and walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity.
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations Report For Park Avenue Roof Inspection
- Minor swarf noted at the top ridge cap connections.To be monitored.
- All cappings joins are undersealed and riveted, this one has a hole with minor potential for ingress during wind driven rain events.
- Insufficient fasteners installed across the tray flashing, non-compliant to SA HB 39 refer 7.2. all battens must be fastened as per manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- No downpipe spreader provided to the gutter outlet, likely an existing issue.
- Unlikely to cause issues as it is under an eave and a semi-external structure. No silicone kicker has been provided to the apron flashing although it is undersealed. No allowance for thermal movement unlikely to cause issue given the size of the flashing.
A HB 39 Reference:
7.2 Roof Sheet Span Information
- The roof sheet support spacing for the various profiles are listed in the typical span information of the manufacturer’s product literature. This information varies depending on whether it is an end span, internal span or overhang.
- The typical span charts are based on the ability of sheeting to withstand the wind loads specified in AS/NZS 1652.1 and the NCC. All sheeting is to be fixed to each and every roof support unless otherwise approved by a structural engineer.
- Spreaders may be used to drain rainwater from a higher roof surface with a catchment area not exceeding 15 m2 provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- When discharging onto a tiled roof, the lower section is sarked a minimum width of 1800mm either side of the point of discharge extending down to the eaves gutter.
- When discharging onto a corrugated roof, a minimum width of 1800 mm on either side of the point of discharge is sealed for the full length of the side laps.
- The increased roof water volume from the upper roof is not to enter any seam of the rood covering of the lower roof.
No spreader is to have its discharge entering any part of any building.
- Spreaders are to discharge all roof water onto roof coverings in the direction of flow, avoiding discharging onto laps on lower roof sheets and tiles.
- When discharging an upper roof catchment onto a lower rood, the total roof area including the additional upper roof catchment area is to be considered for inclusion when sizing the lower roofing, gutters and downpipes.
- Spreaders do not discharge on sheets or tiles discharging to valleys.
Park Avenue is a suburb of Rockhampton in the Rockhampton Region, Queensland, Australia. In the 2016 census, Park Avenue had a population of 5,094 people.