Logan City Roof Inspection Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015 : The Installation Code for Metal Roofing and Walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity.
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations Report For Logan City Roof Inspection
- The end of apron flashings have not been finished in a watertight manor, potential for ingress at several of these.
- Heavily reliant on silicone in places, although under the eave and ingress is unlikely.
- Gutter bracket appears to have become dislodged and needs reinstalling.
- Eaves gutter with heavy ponding and non-compliant to AS 3500.3 refer 4.5.3.
- Existing AC outlet running into the eaves gutter needs to be rerouted to a PVC outlet to prevent corrosion in the gutter.
Installation Code Referenced In Roof Inspection Report:
4.5.3 Eaves gutters
Eaves gutters shall be installed as follows:
(a) Gradients Deviations from nominal gradients shall be smooth and not cause
1) Where a building is likely to move due to reactive soils, gradients may need to be not
a) 1 :250 to achieve an effective gradient not flatter than 1 :500; or
b) 1 :500 to achieve an effective gradient with no permanent ponding.
2)Light condensation will not generally cause permanent ponding, whereas heavy
condensation, particularly in conjunction with retained si lt, can reduce the design lifetime
of the product.
From this point forward we will aim to provide any referenced material from the installation codes mentioned in our reports as we feel this will better inform.