Bellara Roof Inspection Purpose:
Provide a roof condition report to AS 1562.1 AS 1562.3 And SA HB 39 2015, the installation code for metal roofing and walling. Provide recommendations to extend longevity.
Inspection Site Gallery
Findings & Recommendations Report For Bellara Roof Inspection
- Barge missing fastener at the bottom end.
- Insufficient screws have been installed in the side of the barges on the main roof. Gaps between bottom of barge and fascia board presents. This is non-compliant to AS 1562.1
- It has been noted that the screw on the barge capping on the main roof has not been tightened correctly with a gap now presenting between barge and fascia board.
- Rivet spacings on tray flashing connection on the with ridge capping on the main roof are 80mm. This is non-compliant SAHB39 5.8.1 below which states rivets are not to exceed 40mm.
- Ridge capping connections with barge capping on the main roof have not been undersealed and is non-compliant to SA HB 5.8.3
- On the main roof extreme swarf presents. The swarf has characteristics of being caused by sparks from a grinder. Metal filing may not be able to be removed and this particular barge may need replacing. This is noncompliant to SA HB 39 3.6 and manufacturer’s instructions
- Several screws present on the main roof that have had their washers blown. This is non-compliant with AS 1562.1 4.4.2.
- On the fiberglass sheeting on the verandah, no foam closure strip has been provided under flashing to prevent ingress. This is non-compliant to AS 1562.3.
- No provisions have been made for thermal movement with fastening of apron flashing and plastic sheeting on the verandah roof. This is non-compliant to AS 1562.3
- Apron flashing connection with barge capping has extreme swarf and noncompliant to SA HB 39 3.6
- Roof screws have been installed in the turbine cleats on the shed roof and will cause an oversized hole in the cleat. This is not to the manufacturer’s instructions and could cause failure of turbine connection with the vary-pitch shaft in a wind event.
- Heavy Swarf on shed roof and is noncompliant to SA HB 39 3.6 below.
- Ridge cap joins with barge capping and whirly birds are not undersealed and there are no rivets between screws on whirly birds. This is non-compliant with SAHB 39 5.8.3.
- Screws that have used to fix whirly bird on the shed roof have a potential to cause ingress since the screws have not pierced the crest of the corrugation and may impede the flow of water due to their location in the water course. This is noncompliant to AS1562.14.7.
- It has been noted that the lap has been damaged on the shed roof.
- It has been noted that a screw has not been tightened correctly on the ridge cap of the shed roof.
- Rivet stems present on shed roof and is non-compliant to SA HB 39 3.6 below.
For more information about our roof inspection service or to book please visit our contact page to find out how to get in touch with us.